A swarm has just adopted us and we need a mentor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
Jane and I have recently began to `live the good life´ on a 3000 square metre piece of land in mid Portugal. Luck would have it that a short time ago (yesterday) I noticed that a swarm of bees have taken up residence in a small (25 litre) wooden wine barrel in a small out house. We know nothing about keeping bees but realise our good fortune.

We have decided that we should try to keep the bees so that they will assist in the pollination of our crops and benefit from their production of honey.

Firstly we need to relocate them to a proper hive in another part of the land.

We realise that we will need to care for them in the future and hopefully learn how to keep them properly.

Is there a patient person on this forum that is prepared to guide us through this endeavour?

Thanks

Bob and Jane

Hi. I have sent you a PM (personal message). Ok this site is in UK but, if you Google 'Portugal beekeeping' some options do come up. Don't stray from here though as there's a mine of information on offer. ATB. Richard.

Back