a senile moment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith pierce

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I brought nucs and hives to the gormanstown beekeping summer school for to be used for demonstarations and beginners. I instead of writing where each hive came from into a note box, i decided i would write on the side of the hive and the stand in calk. It was a good plan except for the rain, with the letters on the hive remaining but nothing on the stands. I had to do a good bit of head scratching before i figured it out.

ah :eek: never mind can imagine doing that lol, made me smile anyway :)

hope you got them sorted :cool:

Hi Keith,
I went to your talk on 'Raising Nucs for sale' at Gormanstown. It was very useful and informative - a little bit over my head in places - but entertaining. You've got quite a system going there. A few of us went down from County Down for a day trip - it was a great day out for 16 euros! Thank you.

I seem to have to have a large number of "senior moments" every season. Set up three splits in new poly nucs on their stand in the dark. Forgot to open one entrance and forgot to put weight on roofs. One next inspection, after a week of rain, all roofs and polycarbonate crown boards were scattered in the woods. Two were still well clustered and now have new queens laying, while other with closed entrance had succumbed to robbery.

Keith

'Senile moments' would be a good title for a thread!

I now always go back and double check that I put the QEs on.....

richard

Latest posts

Back