A Little Co-Operative

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The co-op has been interested in the bees welfare for some time. As it is they are the only supermarket chain to ban bee un-friendly pesticides. I wish more of them would jump on the band wagon. :cheers2:

The co-op has an ethical trading policy. it is not just bees but lots of other things as well. That is one reason why myself and my wife became members of the Co-op and why we switched our bank accounts to them.
Every year we get asked to vote on what good causes they should send money to. And you get a bit oif money back as well.
Its a different sort of set up from the other supermarkets. They have members rather than shareholders and so I suppose the pressures are a little bit different. One thing i have noticed is the the bank bit doesn' try to sell me stuff like insurance etc.
The other banks set monthly targets for all its workers for selling insurance or any other old rubbish and that is why you get pestered with phone calls. i told one bank whose account i have closed down because of it "If i want insurance then I will go to someone whose job is insurance. All i want you to do is look after my money and not lose it" That stumped them.

Latest posts

Back