A level day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ziggymole

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
warre
Number of Hives
None yet.
Can I congratulate all the other relieved parents whose children have passed their A levels and are on their way to uni etc.

My last boy just scraped through with a Welsh Bac pass, a C at Maths and an E in Chemistry - we won't mention the U in physics!:rolleyes:

congrats to all.

however as ever the Mail and Telegraph seem to think that A-levels are only passed by attractive young ladies or very young very bright asian children.

what are our 18 yo boys up to whilst these people are studying hard?

congrats to all.

however as ever the Mail and Telegraph seem to think that A-levels are only passed by attractive young ladies or very young very bright asian children.

what are our 18 yo boys up to whilst these people are studying hard?

They are chasing the attractive bright ladies ;)

Can I congratulate all the other relieved parents whose children have passed their A levels and are on their way to uni etc.

My last boy just scraped through with a Welsh Bac pass, a C at Maths and an E in Chemistry - we won't mention the U in physics!:rolleyes:

Is he off to uni next month? Oh by the way, think of it more as a smile than a U. I had a very special smile for maths many years ago lol

Can we spare a thought for those who didn't achieve the grades they hoped for, or didn't pass?

There are more routes to fulfilling ourselves than the academic; I guess they might be free to think their future in a calmer way than the madness of the last 3 years at school/college.

And their parents have a difficult narrow path to follow now.

All the best to you all!

Dusty

I first read this post as "a level day"; let's spare a thought for those whose day was bumpy!

Last edited:
"They are chasing the attractive bright ladies"

i understand that journos "bribe" school heads for details of potential high performing talent before the day.

Can we spare a thought for those who didn't achieve the grades they hoped for, or didn't pass?

There are more routes to fulfilling ourselves than the academic; I guess they might be free to think their future in a calmer way than the madness of the last 3 years at school/college.

All the best to you all!

Dusty

I first read this post as "a level day"; let's spare a thought for those whose day was bumpy!

:iagree:

Although our daughter was fortune and had an unconditional offer, so for her today was a bit of a non-event. However, I know some of her friends were pretty anxious about their results, and not all got what they hoped for.

All the best to you all!

Dusty

:hurray:

Quite so. My 3rd daughter, through no fault of her own did her GCSEs and AS at a failing school and A2 with a new head just as major sixth form redundancies pulled the stuffing out of the school at the top end. Not all have the option to attend posh schools or have a choice of high schools.

So she made her reserve choice but instead is likely to do a foundation Science year and reapply to her first choice. A bumpy ride is character building...and exhausting for all!

Only two more to go.....uurrgghh....

aberreef - he's off to the Guildhall Uni of London to study technical theatre.

Dusty - my third child failed most of his GCSE's, joined the army - hated barracks life, only lasting a few weeks, came home and registered with an emloyment agency. They kept him in full time work, as a cleaner and on the dustbins etc, until someone at GE spotted his potential during a placement, he's now a MANAGER after just 2 years in the job (he's only 23) and he earns more than his dad does - not hard when dad's a nurse.

susbees - see above & good luck to her. My second retook all her GCSE's in 1 year after failing a lot of them, did chemistry, maths and physics at A level, got AAB, then a 2-1 in computer science. She's working as a project manager but get this - wants to be a midwife and will retrain after her son is born in December.

All my best wishes to our young people for their futures no matter what they do. As long as they're happy and fullfilled. But as a parent I'm not sorry to have all of mine out of the secondry school system and into adult life.

Latest posts

Back