A excess of brood?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we’ve been sniffing the winegums😉
No I'm still on the hill seem to have forgotten where home is.. I've picked a few mushrooms yesterday and had them for dinner.
My friend said they were horse mushrooms I'm not convinced. :ack2::toetap05:

No I'm still on the hill seem to have forgotten where home is.. I've picked a few mushrooms yesterday and had them for dinner.
My friend said they were horse mushrooms I'm not convinced. :ack2::toetap05:
The magic ones?
I’ll just stick with the wine gums on second thoughts!

Just wanted to keep people updated, and away from all this jollity!

For info she is a one of my local queens who originally started from a queen from RH bees in Manchester.(don’t normally buy but was desperate a couple of years back)

Checked them yesterday still loads of bees a bit worried still even though they are now replacing brood with stores, still a good amount available round them, but they are clustering under the floor, now either getting ready to do something as found a newly forming QC which I broke up; or they are getting away from the ApiGuard which I have on at the moment!
Think I might go back and take some more brood off and give them a super back especially with the forecast we have for next week, or at least have a bait hive ready!

Just wanted to keep people updated, and away from all this jollity!

For info she is a one of my local queens who originally started from a queen from RH bees in Manchester.(don’t normally buy but was desperate a couple of years back)

Checked them yesterday still loads of bees a bit worried still even though they are now replacing brood with stores, still a good amount available round them, but they are clustering under the floor, now either getting ready to do something as found a newly forming QC which I broke up; or they are getting away from the ApiGuard which I have on at the moment!
Think I might go back and take some more brood off and give them a super back especially with the forecast we have for next week, or at least have a bait hive ready!
I would check out what is going on under the OMF. Is your Q clipped? If it was the ApiGuard, I would expect bearding on the front of the hive not under it. Look for eggs and Q.

Latest posts

Back