a bumper honey crop 2013!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It helps if you move the hives to outer pastures.

thank you for the advice - but London Transport do not permit passengers to carry beehives.

My point was that we have had great Summers before..... but also after an average Spring harvest, which we didn't have this year.

My best harvest from a single National BB hive was 120lbs when we had a long hot sunny Apr/May/Jun.....can't remember exactly but about 15 yrs ago.

It helps if you move the hives to outer pastures.

thank you for the advice - but London Transport do not permit passengers to carry beehives.

When I started beekeeping in a small town, I got there a good early summer yield in June. But almost nothing in July. I started to carry my hives to 10 mile distance to woods.

I knew 7 bee yards inside 1 km radius. It iwas too much hives to share the house garden flowers.

You can extract honey before it's capped, just check it's ripe. Shake test or preferably refractometer, I prefer this as it's less work as opposed to uncapping every single frame. Often when I extract the frame is partially capped.

After a disastrous spring crop, I think I may be on for one of the best summer crops for years, the borage is delivering the goods.

C B

Latest posts

Back