A beekeepers christmas day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried this. There's only so many years people tolerate homemade jams. I'm fortunate this year in that one in-law has specifically requested some honey. :)
Homemade damson liqueur goes down well here!

I tried this. There's only so many years people tolerate homemade jams. I'm fortunate this year in that one in-law has specifically requested some honey. :)
It must be growing up with Giles cartoons and Grandmas 'merry' gifts that has put paid to the real spirit. Maybe Andy Capp had the right idea 'clink them bottles'.

D
Homemade damson liqueur goes down well here!
Family members will get some of my home made runner bean chutney and wine, the plum wine will blow grandmas socks of!! As it did to mine a few weeks ago after about a pint.
Also jars of honey will be given as presents.

Christmas decorations went up inside and out over the weekend. Big tree in the dining room, small tree in the hallway, and garlands all over the place inside. The front garden gets the tasteful warm light mini Christmas trees, house stars and lights around the Rowan tree, while the back garden gets the multicoloured lights and inflatable snowmen and father Christmas.

Only 13 of us for Christmas day this year because of difficulties and cost of travelling back from other countries thanks to Covid. Big turkey and all the trimmings, followed by Christmas pudding (the same chestnut stuffing recipe and the same Christmas pudding recipe that we've used for the last 30+ years).

Can't wait :giggle:

D

Family members will get some of my home made runner bean chutney and wine, the plum wine will blow grandmas socks of!! As it did to mine a few weeks ago after about a pint.
Also jars of honey will be given as presents.
Honey for a Christmas present is the best present ever

Christmas decorations went up inside and out over the weekend. Big tree in the dining room, small tree in the hallway, and garlands all over the place inside. The front garden gets the tasteful warm light mini Christmas trees, house stars and lights around the Rowan tree, while the back garden gets the multicoloured lights and inflatable snowmen and father Christmas.

Only 13 of us for Christmas day this year because of difficulties and cost of travelling back from other countries thanks to Covid. Big turkey and all the trimmings, followed by Christmas pudding (the same chestnut stuffing recipe and the same Christmas pudding recipe that we've used for the last 30+ years).

Can't wait :giggle:
Fab can't wait, you and me both, nice to have something to be excited for

Christmas tree up in the living room, just the outside copper beech left to decorate 🎄

Attachments

• 20211207_134050.jpg
    20211207_134050.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Honey for a Christmas present is the best present ever
Couldn't agree more, I will deliver some jars to a few of the old folk in the hamlet also, those that have given me tomato plants, potatoes, fruit, or left sweets for the children by the front door.
One purticular couple I'm very fond of payed for a coal delivery for us as a Christmas present after I helped clean and renew some of there guttering a couple of years ago.

Couldn't agree more, I will deliver some jars to a few of the old folk in the hamlet also, those that have given me tomato plants, potatoes, fruit, or left sweets for the children by the front door.
One purticular couple I'm very fond of payed for a coal delivery for us as a Christmas present after I helped clean and renew some of there guttering a couple of years ago.
They will be delighted, sounds like a close community, I hope next year we'll be in a situation where we have enough honey to give as a gift for Christmas, I've saved enough to keep for our family to see them through the winter, but to have that little extra would be amazing, fingers crossed

Get your kids to buy you this View attachment 29456
It must of flown up there then because none of the younger guys could reach that high, aha! just looked its held up with a piece of cotton and blue tack.
Im now also walking around with blue tack stuck to my slippers and bits of tinsle, pine needles are everywhere already after dragging a 6ft tree through the house, caught the 2 year old eating his advent calendar this morning no doors left to open and the 7 year old well..... For dinner I made him a sandwich turn round and he has a spoon in the chocolate spread and devoured most of a jar.
I think I might go for a walk in the rain over to one of the apiarys and heft some hives.
Your book looks interesting, but I think I'm done with Christmas already!

Back