9 FRAME S/S MANLEY EXTRACTOR ELECTRIC (Lega)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BILL.HEARD

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
I purchased the above last year, and as again this year the engine runs extremely hot in-so-far as not being able to touch it for a good 10 mins after switching it off. Has anyone found the same with this model?

That doesn't sound right - check the cage is set high enough up the spindle so that the lugs aren't catching in the honey for one thing
Thanks for that, I don't think with this model the cage can be adjusted, unless someone can show me how, most of my lugs are on the short side, thanks for the reply

I purchased the above last year, and as again this year the engine runs extremely hot in-so-far as not being able to touch it for a good 10 mins after switching it off. Has anyone found the same with this model?
Best speak with the supplier/manufacturer - extreme heat is not right.

I don't think with this model the cage can be adjusted
There are two bolts - one at the top and one at the bottom of the cage - that screw horizontally against the main shaft and lock the cage in position. Loosen the bolts and slide the cage up.

If lugs dip into honey you'd know about it: the motor starts groaning erratically.

I have the same Lega extractor, Bill; it was converted from manual with a Groschopp motor about ten years ago. I can run that for ten or fifteen minutes (when I forget it) and though it gets mildly hot it doesn't stay like that for long.

motors getting that hot is usally a tell tale of an issue , on singel phase induction motors it's normally jammed starter ( if present usally just big motors ) or tired run capacitor.

normally if motors have got hot enough to smell hot on machenery i just swap them, as its a recent purxchase id hasstel the manufacter and send it back for repair under warranty if at all possible

There are two bolts - one at the top and one at the bottom of the cage - that screw horizontally against the main shaft and lock the cage in position. Loosen the bolts and slide the cage up.

If lugs dip into honey you'd know about it: the motor starts groaning erratically.

I have the same Lega extractor, Bill; it was converted from manual with a Groschopp motor about ten years ago. I can run that for ten or fifteen minutes (when I forget it) and though it gets mildly hot it doesn't stay like that for long.
Thanks for that I will try and raise the cage this a.m. And thanks for all those that have replied.

Latest posts

Back