6 Jars of honey stolen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously we are underselling our honey. Our New Year's resolution must be to charge more for our honey!!!

Obviously we are underselling our honey. Our New Year's resolution must be to charge more for our honey!!!
I was out putting fondant on one hive which was a bit light and a couple walked by. Evidently they have a holiday home nearby, although main house in London. They have ten hives in London and told me they get £11 a pound jar, no quibbling, at a delicatessen there. Goodness knows what the deli charges. That's London for you. (Although not as much as Cambridge, obviously). No chance in rural Wales.

I was out putting fondant on one hive which was a bit light and a couple walked by. Evidently they have a holiday home nearby, although main house in London. They have ten hives in London and told me they get £11 a pound jar, no quibbling, at a delicatessen there. Goodness knows what the deli charges. That's London for you. (Although not as much as Cambridge, obviously). No chance in rural Wales.

After the Tesco syrup incident, our large Waitrose is now selling English honey for £20kg in support of English Beekeepers.

Just before Christmas I sold the last of my honey in a market. I decided to put the price up to €9 (£7.70) for 340g (12oz) and sold out easily. I won't be selling it for any less from now on!

Latest posts

Back