• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold 6 frame National Nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
2021 marked Q in 6 frame National Maismore Nuc complete with feeder

History - 2019 Buckfast Q, open mated, took 2 Q’s of her 2020 both did exceptionally well and a pleasure to work with. Lost 2019 Q so in 2021 took a number of Q’s from her daughters. All did very well. Over wintered 7 in Nucs placing all other brood into other hives with their sister Q’s to over winter on double brood. These double brood are now on the OSR with 2 supers each doing well & all 7 Nucs building up fast. No winter losses so Nucs are surplus to requirement.

Collection only WN2 Wigan. £200 each. Any inspection welcome.

3 of these are now in hives as too big for the Nucs.
if you want to bring a hive we can transfer them here & you can take the empty Nuc box offer still £200

These are now colonies of bees covering 11 national brood frames and need to be sold as running out of kit already. Bring your own hive, inspect the colony as we transfer them to your hive, wait for them all to return home while we have a brew, then take them away. Full productive colony £200 & you can still take the empty Nuc.

I hope someone snaps up these bargains, Wingy. I'm in the same boat, checked mine today and they will be needing supers soon.

Thanks guys, doesn’t seem to be any interest & Facebook keep taking my advert down. Looks like I’ll be doing some early combines

They look great wingy. Nil desperandum. You’ve done nothing wrong it’s just that ……..,,,,
I’ve noticed lots of adverts for nucs this year, Facebook BkAs and here; just like yours outgrown their nuc box since being advertised. I think there are lots of people with all their bees through the winter. Supply and demand.
I hope you find a home for them.

I think all bees for sale at auctions have to be inspected by a BI just prior to the auction. Probably a bit late to arrange now?

Bee auctions coming up? (I think it Beverley on Sunday)
Well, I attended the auction yesterday and only four 6 frame nucs (4 frames of bees) were being offered for sale. Supply and demand took effect and prices were astronomical with the last one going for 280 pounds. The usual range of equipment and paraphernalia was on offer indoors at much more reasonable prices although all I needed this year was some national super frames.

Well, I attended the auction yesterday and only four 6 frame nucs (4 frames of bees) were being offered for sale. Supply and demand took effect and prices were astronomical with the last one going for 280 pounds. The usual range of equipment and paraphernalia was on offer indoors at much more reasonable prices although all I needed this year was some national super frames.
£280…. Quite reasonable considering the normal reatail price😂

Latest posts

Back