6 eggs in one cell

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Buzz

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a hive that although it survived the winter has been very slow getting away this year.
It has a queen and some brood in all stages but when I checked yesterday I noticed some cells with up to six eggs in the bottom.

Can any kind person spread some light on this for me please.

Jeff

The queen has violated antenna or antenna is missing or rigid for sting. It does not smell where it has put the egg.

All the same, buy a new laying queen

It is also possible they have superceded and there is a new queen laying. New queens often put several eggs in a cell until they learn to do it properly. Might also be laying workers of course, but hopefully not.

It is also possible they have superceded and there is a new queen laying. New queens often put several eggs in a cell until they learn to do it properly. Might also be laying workers of course, but hopefully not.

Laying worker procudes cap high cells = drone larvae. And he has seen that queen.

New queens do not put several eggs in one cell. What I have seen, they put just one. Very seldom two eggs.

If they do to me that, I will discard the queen at once. I haver met several eggs n the cell but the queen have had some violation.

Latest posts

Back