• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

5 frame nucs for sale (English Queens)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am taking orders for nucleus colonies ready for collection around June at a cost of ?100 each as ?bees on frames?. Each nucleus is a small colony headed a 2009 marked queen bred from my own ?native? stocks, NOT imported.

They are very calm bees but very prolific, and I have not had any issues with swarming. My breeding stocks have currently over wintered with zero losses, and Varroa has been at negligible levels all of the time.

Each colony will be on 5 new British National Hoffman deep (self spacing) frames, Thorne?s premier wired foundation drawn out this season. There will be bees on 5 frames and brood on at least 3 frames in all stages of development. Given suitable weather and feeding with sugar syrup the small colony should fill a full hive box by the end of summer.

I am happy for inspections, and questions prior to collection. I will also supply ongoing advise via this forum (pm?s) email, telephone or even visits (if local to me).

The price assumes that buyers will transfer the frames of bees in to their own hive in my apiary and then move their hive away. A travel nuc box can also be purchased for a modest sum of ?10, and will have future uses.

I do not require a deposit to secure an order simply a PM.

Thanks

Jim

Last edited:
Please put me down for one, if you require deposit, not a problem.

many Thanks
Craig

This is a brilliant offer Jim. Proof it can be done. Congratulations.

Thanks Polyanwood

I started this last year, when I managed to sell on 7 11 frame nationals and 2 6 frame nucs (all bees on frames)

But this year I am going for all 5 frame nucs. Its simpler for me and a faster build-up for people to purchase and get beekeeping.

But additionally I still managed to obtain nearly 100lbs of honey.

I am not against imported queens, as I have said I know (without being big headed) requests for my nucs will outstrip my "drop in the ocean" supply of nucs (queens), but as you say if I can manage effectively 200+% expansion why can not others?

Last edited:
Hi MrTrueman welcome to the forum.

Going on last years feedback you will not go wrong with a nuc from Jim.

Thank you for the welcome!
Going on last years feedback you will not go wrong with a nuc from Jim.
Glad to hear that. I came to the same conclusion myself also.

Hopfully we will all have a good summer and I will have a nice day out in York :)

Best Regards,

MrTrueman

Hi Admin I like how you have split down wanted and for sale. GREAT

For evey ones information I have "requests" for 6 nucs. Dont miss out on your chance of one.

Hi jimbeekeeper
I've sent you a pm,look forward to picking it up in June

Nucs offered

Hi Jim,

I'd be delighted to purchase four nucs off you if at all possible.

Kind regards

Justin Collis

Hi David

Yes, I thought I posted quite a clear "4 sale" advert. Like you said no one on this forum has questioned, all of my orders bar one have come from this forum.

The thread did go via Bridlington from Huddesfield to get to Bradford!

I am rapidly running towards my capacity of nuc production, so please if you want to get an order in bee quick.

I would then like to think I could hand over the "4 sale" sign to another member who could then help new starters (and old hands) out with a good and well priced English (British) nuc.

Thanks David for the compliment.

Jim

Last edited:
Yes I have to echo Davids comments, after a gap of a few years from beekeeping, I'm getting back into it again this year. I registered on this and the "other" forum, but after getting fed up with all the negative and pedantic comments, not to mention the rediculous moderating I think I know which forum I'll be participating on :)

I'm looking forward to picking up one of Jims nucs :hurray:, and will hopefully be in the position of returning the favour to other beekeepers next year

Last edited:
HI Roy welcome aboard.

The main reason we set this forum up was because of some of the posting efforts made on the other board.

The politest way I can put it is:

"its all very well knowing the square root of a pickled onion, but you still need to be able to open the jar to enjoy one sometimes" ;)

At least we can all laugh together about our mistakes rather than get crucified for going off topic or not calling the admins Sir.

HI Roy welcome aboard.

The main reason we set this forum up was because of some of the posting efforts made on the other board.

The politest way I can put it is:

"its all very well knowing the square root of a pickled onion, but you still need to be able to open the jar to enjoy one sometimes" ;)

At least we can all laugh together about our mistakes rather than get crucified for going off topic or not calling the admins Sir.

Couldnt have put it better!!, many thanks for the welcome, hope I can make a few contributons in the future without being too daft!, I Think Jims efforts are to be applauded, if more people followed his example we'd have no problems. I've already started to dust off my apidea mini nucs

and as if to prove the point my post went straight to the rubbish bin.

Perhaps your post,stating the truth upset Dr evil and Mini Me.
Its a wonder you were not fined, One Million. (Austin Powers)

Last edited:
Back