5 Frame Nuc Update

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trulli1

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Called Mike at EB this morning to get an update when my Nuc of bees will be ready to collect - orginally it was supposed to be ready from today onwards.

I have been told the queens will only arrive from Australia on the 28th of this month.

This is more of an update to let anyone else know who may have placed an order with them, not a rant.

Admin - if you want me to remove the name of the supplier please let me know who or what I can change it to to keep it relevant for this post.

That's a little unfair Jim. If you have knowledge then please share.

PH

No knowledge poly, I just watch the news! suggesting that if the ash cloud/travel is disputed further, people will have to wait a little bit longer for things.

No conspiracy in my post or mischief meant!

Queens from Australia?? Natures specific queens for a British climate.

Ah, the same place where small hive beetle is..................
not content with just varroa???

Is it not also Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus that the Americans got from imported Aussie bees ??

Whilst I agree with you that we should try not to import, I have. I found it virtually impossible to buy local bees and queens. It is not easy for new beekeepers to get local bees. I call on all you experienced beeks to get making up nucs as part of your swarm control and to start rearing queens for all the new beekeepers! That's my manifesto. Preach over.

Latest posts

Back