4th super added today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like you are doing well, but whats with the other 2 ?

Very nice.

Are you near OSR?

Is that a QX under the 4th super ?
it's a crown board with 2 porter bee escapes in it to clear the bees for some early harvest.
no OSR within about 4 miles, suburban area with loads of gardens and trees.

looks like you are doing well, but whats with the other 2 ?

they were 1 hive earlier, I did an A/S on them at the beginning of may, only for them to supercede the old (2009) queen. Inspected today, both now have laying queens :)

I've seen 3/4 ton of roof trusses cantilevered over the side of a artic trailer using timber bearers like that. I reckon they wont break. :cool:

Tony, you're bragging again!

Those stands look strong enough to me!

I bet the stands wont break. We used to have full packs of 8 x 4 sheets of marine ply delivered on timber like that.

Last edited:
My bet is that the stand of the first hive will collapse....very easily

I think what finman is referring to is if the hive on the first stand was knocked from the side the stand may fall like a pack of cards. I think he is perhaps right.

I agree! The blocks look like thin section coke breeze blocks to me ,hadly square and most unstable looking !
Easily remedied by using gradely blocks as used on the 2 hive stand .

John Wilkinson

I agree! The blocks look like thin section coke breeze blocks to me ,hadly square and most unstable looking !
Easily remedied by using gradely blocks as used on the 2 hive stand .

John Wilkinson

At first read I thought belt up :) but looking at the image again you are right, that nearest hive is just asking to be toppled

the blocks under the nearest hive are concrete building blocks, and are just a temporary effort whilst I get a couple of bigger concrete blocks from the local concrete casting company.
we have no small kids to knock the hives, they should be OK 'til tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back