4000+ Well done admin.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Congratulations to Mark for steering a neat course with the site, and the membership has tipped over the 4k point.

:)

PH

My first year returning to beekeeping this year and I must say this forum has been invaluable to me, the advice and the helpful comments have made a real differance. It's also good to know that there are so many helpful people out there willing to give their time so generously.

Big thankyou for the forum and it's users and keep up the good work :auto:

Think it’s time to get the ‘T’ shirts printed:
‘Probably the best beekeeping forum in the world’

Despite the occasional 'spat' shows you are doing something right, well done a great achievement.

Cheers
S

Mark does a sterling job.
Great organisation of forums, and lets the place largely run itself....
but steps in with clarity and decisiveness when needed.

Thanks Mark for all your work into maintaining this great site.
I for one have it bookmarked in my favourites and it is one of my daily sites to check!
I think it is always evolving and continues to improve with your (gentle) steering.

Many have ideas, but few step up to the plate to deliver. Mark does and it is to every credit of his character.

I dare say it has directly helped some peoples' social circles and personal affairs/ventures/livelihoods.

Last edited:
Maybe this 4000 could start a new Assoc that didnt associate itself with chemical companies.....people only with BBKA for discount insurance via their local assoc. Time may be ripe. :cheers2:

Yes congratulations...I normally avoid this kind of thread but since I only visit two sites daily (well actually several times daily!) I have to say thank you and well done. This is a great place to learn, ask questions, and be entertained.
Sam

Echo to all that - well done Mark, and a big thanks to all the knowledgeable beeks who contribute, even if you do disagree with eachother much of the time :cheers2:

yep, well done Mark !!

and all paid for by donations (by some of us)

perhaps some members could ask for a forum subscription as a x-mas pressie? LOL

Yes I note there are some with very high post counts who haven't yet dipped into their pocket.

In fairness as one of the non dippers, I should dip and will do. if everyone put a £1 in it would be a great contribuiton and would I guess then startan alternative main Association. I am not so sure we would all agree on many of the points, as it is it is a great place of learning and debate, and all congratulations to Mark for keeping it so, even the rants can be interesting if sidetracking... so keep it as it is- it works so dont fix it...

I note that too peterS but of course not everyone can contribute financially. Some contribute links and info and some just post...LOL

PH

Yes I note there are some with very high post counts who haven't yet dipped into their pocket.

As one who probably comes into that category- I've never felt the need to dip as the amount collected is always in excess of the target, so I've thought 'that's alright then'. I'm not really sure of how and why Mark runs it, whether it's a public service, a hobby, or a business, but the target figure is all I have to go on. If either Mark were to raise the figure and there was a shortfall, or if some of the current contributors were to look to spread the load more widely, I would be happy to chip in (modestly), and I'm sure others would too, to support a valuable resource.

True, but I think the relatively high £15 start may discourage some.

I have contributed today simply because I have definitely had significant value in terms of (almost) instant support and feedback since I first registered.

I am on several times a day and learning all the time. Great stuff.

Still, if the minimum could be reduced, I wonder if more people would contribute?

I note that too peterS but of course not everyone can contribute financially. Some contribute links and info and some just post...LOL

PH

I quite agree, PH and without the experts, where would the new bees turn?

While it is suggested that £15 is a nice amount to start, if you ask Mark he will send details of how to pay whatever you can afford through Paypal instead of a designated sum. Being on DLA that is how I do it - what I can, when I can.

Latest posts

Back