• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

4 colonies for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonB

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have 4 colonies for sale, plus various other kit.

I have developed shoulder and wrist pain which means that I struggle to perform inspections, and have, frankly, lost my enthusiasm for beekeeping. I therefore think that now is the time to give them up, rather than run the risk of any neglect of the colonies.

All are 14x12, all were treated with Apivar last autumn. Three colonies are currently nadired with a super as they were very large going into winter last year.

All queens are 2014, all appeared healthy last year but have not inspected this year though all colonies appear to be active. All colonies could probably benefit from some comb change, I just never seemed to manage to work the old comb out to the edges to be able to change it.

There are also 5 more supers containing varying degrees of capped stores from last autumn, which I did not have the opportunity to extract, partly due to the injuries mentioned.

In addition I have unmade frames, two polynucs, an (old) extractor, a feeder, plus queen excluders etc.

My goal is to find them a good home, though I would like to offset my outlay but am not looking for the highest price I can get and am more than willing to negotiate.

Ideally I'd prefer someone to take the whole lot, but would welcome enquiries about individual colonies or other kit.

I am based near Maidenhead, Berkshire. Please PM me and I will provide contact details if you wish to discuss further or visit to inspect the bees and equipment.

Thanks
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back