3 poly hives stolen Hampshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I recieved this email today from a local association:

I have recently (between 19th March/8th April) had 3 hives of bees stolen from an apiary near Selborne Hants. They are very distinctive Poly hives - floor, brood box, super and roof - painted camouflage green on black plastic small pallet stands. Young queens/strong stocks.. Any help with any information would be very welcome as I would really like them back.

If anyone has any info regards the above please pm me for a telephone number or post below.

Many thanks Admin.

As some of you may have seen i quite frequently post pictures of my hives on here, with updates on the bees, if i were unlucky enough to have any stolen, then i could at least post a pic and then everyone else could see exactly what my hives look like with any distinguishing marks etc.

i do think it may help if from time to time you take images of your equipment, hives. its so much easier keeping an eye out for stolen gear if you have an idea what it may look like, descriptions are not really much use.

can i point out that if you try and not very hard it is quite simple to find out where you lot are and where your bees could be, so multiply this site by all the others and i am sure you could find out where most of the society yards are and your next van load of stolen hives ? may the fredom of the internet is working against us ???????

Back