• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2011 National 5 frame Nucs for sale Hampshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hampshire nucs

Hi Mark,

I'd be very interested in buying 2 or 3 nucs from you if you have them and can spare them. I am just south of Basingstoke, off J6 of the M3, so not far from you. Could you let me know if you still have any spares?

Thanks,

Chris

Mark,
Do you have any nucs in frames suitable for WBC. We have 2 hives (or should that be had). We have definitely lost one and the other is very very weak. We are near Fordingbridge.
Charlotte Thompson

2011 Nucs

Not sure if you will have any left by the time you get this far down the email trail ... I would happily take a Nuc off you early May, I am based in Fareham and can collect at your convenience.

Mark B.

I sold out a while back but I have added usernames and emails to a list.
So if anyone drops out I will run down the list making contact.
Mark.

Hi, I live in surrey and have just completed a one day crash course on basic beekeeping and i am hooked!! I am keen to start ASAP with a nice quiet strain of bees and have been advised either Buckfast {not Mediteranian) or Carnolean are good for the novice. Do you have any of these available as a nuc ? (standard) Kind Regards Steve

Hi, I live in surrey and have just completed a one day crash course on basic beekeeping and i am hooked!! I am keen to start ASAP with a nice quiet strain of bees and have been advised either Buckfast {not Mediteranian) or Carnolean are good for the novice. Do you have any of these available as a nuc ? (standard) Kind Regards Steve

steve, admire your enthusiasm, but i would suggest you need a mentor and regularly read and ask question on here, if no mentor or a full BKA winter as one day is not enough to stop you killing the bees

To get bees , have you joined your local association, they often have cheep swarms

you will find nucs on the sale section from May onward, all the bees available now are overwinter nucs and likley sold

steve, admire your enthusiasm, but i would suggest you need a mentor and regularly read and ask question on here, if no mentor or a full BKA winter as one day is not enough to stop you killing the bees

To get bees , have you joined your local association, they often have cheep swarms

you will find nucs on the sale section from May onward, all the bees available now are overwinter nucs and likley sold

Thanks for you concern...... I do have a mentor in fact multi...and i am a member of local bee keeping association and i certainly have no intention of killing any bees!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Bob calling (candyfloss2) any idea when the nuc I have ordered will be ready for collection

Thanks

Hi Bob

I started grafting last week.
Nucs will be ready last week of May/first week of June.

Mark.

Mark,

With their availability in end May June are they likely to be of sufficient strength for Winter. I only ask because I'm expecting my first nuc of Buckfast with next 2 weeks (taking longer than expected) and I'm concerned I've already lost some good months. Given the season we are having in the south west, are they likely to get to two brood strength (National) before end of season?

Out of interest what strain are your bees as I may just buy my next lot next year from you.

Thnx

They should build up fine as they have 3-4 frames of open and capped brood.
I start grafting 3rd week of April.
Queens need to hatch mate and prove themselves before they are ready.

It is a major problem in the uk getting bees ready before the end of May,hence why some sellers import queens and and them to nucs.

Many of my nucs in the past have managed to even get some honey in the first year before going into winter.
Strainwise they are local mongrel with a bit of Buckfast.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for a bit of honey but won't get my hopes up.

Its a good idea to think of year one as building up and year two as a honey year.

With an imported queen nuc puchased late April you can get a better chance.

Badger,sorry I dont have any Nucs left,I only do a handful a season and they were sold Feb time.

I don't suppose you have any nucs left? Ideally on 14 x 12 frames? I have just been let down by someone and now have my new hive etc but no bees!

Hi

Bob calling again any news when the nucs will be available

Thanks

Hi Bob
I sent you an email on the 5th June to say it was ready but did not get a reply.

I will contact you by pm.

5 frame national Nuc

Hi Admin
Thanks very much for nuc. Feeder on and bees fighting the weather here. Fingers crossed and trying hard not to peek.

Latest posts

Back