2010 Nuc prices (bought or sold)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuc Prics (bought or sold)

• Free / gave away

Votes: 33 13.4%
  • less than £49

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • £50 - £99

Votes: 45 18.3%
  • £100 - £129

Votes: 83 33.7%
  • £130 - £149

Votes: 47 19.1%
  • £150 - £179

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • £180 - £199

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • More than £200

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just looking at what people paid or sold nucs for in 2010.

Just keeping it simple, so no differentiation for imports, splits, swarms, packages etc.

Does it mean that both vendor and purchaser are potentially 'double voting' on the same nuc?

One vote on one value? What about those that have bought multiple nucs?

What about those of us that simply were 'free' because we didn't charge ourselves, but we did have acost - like buying the frames and foundation?

Boxes posted are bound to far more expensive than 'pick-up into you own container'.

Polls like this are always too simplistic and then complex or inappropriate conclusions are extracted from the data.

RAB

Does it mean that both vendor and purchaser are potentially 'double voting' on the same nuc?

Yes, hence why I put "bought or sold"

One vote on one value? What about those that have bought multiple nucs?

Thats why I ticked the multi option button, i.e you can post several times if you for example got one give but then also bought one.

What about those of us that simply were 'free' because we didn't charge ourselves, but we did have acost - like buying the frames and foundation?

Boxes posted are bound to far more expensive than 'pick-up into you own container'.

Use some comon sence! Hence why I said Simple.

Polls like this are always too simplistic and then complex or inappropriate conclusions are extracted from the data.

RAB

Thats the whole point of a poll!:smash:

Its simple either vote on dont!

I am not asking for your life story.

Thaks to all that have voted thus far.

I bought 4 NUC's, £70 each....

on the Bee auction, NUC's were being sold for up to £180

Does depend on the state of the Nuc- 5 frames brood will go for more than 3 frames brood 2 stores.

I gave a donatation to the charity of the "sellers" choice as they did not want anything for the Nuc but I felt bad not giving anything so I asked which charity they would want me to give money to in their name.

Interesting results and thanks for the poll. We were selling at about £120 in 2010, equivalent to a full super of honey. No problem selling at that price.
Peter McFadden

tells you little this poll, location, demand, and most important time of year impact cost

4 ppl quote £200+ when TH's sold over 100 at this price - sorry the poll isnt telling us much

I voted as free, because they were, really. I only paid £20 which was more about time and expenses for my mentor to get them from his out apiary to my allotment.

Latest posts

Back