2010 honey show

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johna

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Who's going to the honey show?.I'm travelling down from Scotland this year as I have to see a man about some hives and also have a sister in law almost next door so free accomodation plus the wife gets to see her sister.:auto:bee-smillie

honey show

I'm manning the information stand friday morning. also entering my dark honey fudge and honey & almond biscotti (finally perfected recipe today!)

what are others entering?

I'm going - I've booked some workshops. I'm looking forward to it.

Im going workshops i tried to book are all full should have booked early but paid membership through my partners pay pall account and it came in her name so waited till it was sorted and changed into my name big mistake

I always live in the wrong bit of the country to go to things - truly frustrating!!

I'm there all 3 days so please drop by. The total numbers going to this show are much less than the Spring Convention at Stoneleigh and as it is spread over several days it should be a lot less hectic. Hopefully this will give us the opportunity to actually talk to people. If you don't know who we are just shout "Rooftops" in the trade hall!

just shout "Rooftops"

I remember shouting the name of a long past pop tune artist which was being played over the PA. I talked several trade stand holders and none of us could recall the artist.

When the name finally came to me, I shouted it very loudly so all the trades people would know the answer (the tune was playing again). The whole hall went astounding quiet for several seconds and my wife tried to hide under a table!

Got the message across and, us and the stand holders (as my wife is well known in that particular pass-time/hobby circle), all had a laugh as we progressed arond the hall throughout the rest of the afternoon.

Just for the record, and for the unlikely chance that anyone on here was there that day, the tune was 'Venus in Blue Jeans' and the singer was Mark Wynter.

Shows my age and my mischievous streak.

Regards, RAB

I always live in the wrong bit of the country to go to things - truly frustrating!!

Me too its a long drive from Durham and accommodation is so expensive we are taking the tent and lots jumpers

We may go.
Can you just turn up at the lectures or do you have to book?
(I know you have to book for workshops)

We're going for the first time and have booked workshops.

We want to have a look at suppliers due to our chosen one still not having given us prices that we asked for on a substantial amount of equipment.

'Shop local' never seems to work out somehow.

Looking forward to it and meeting others.

Last edited:
I'm not going any more just hurt my knee and spent the day in casualty now on crutches have to go back tomorrow and they might operate. Was looking forward to seeing rooftops poly hives Iv been reading up on them and have become quite interested and was hoping to have a look never mind moral is get round to sorting out old rugby injuries out before they spoil your plans

johnandyrob,

If you have pre-booked tickets you may be able to find a home for them on this site.

Regards, RAB

Yep - rivetting stuff indeed, I think that there may well be a spider, building a web....

webcam

it's a toss up between that and watching paint dry (seriously - have a bit of hive gear sat here in my office drying as we speak!!).

:smilielol5::smash::party:

I thought it was a web cam of bees...and then I look and its of people mooching about. What a giggle!!!

Have you seen the slide show though??? I really liked that... you gets shots of stalwarts of the beekeeping world and of the exhibits and of the judges judging. Brilliant!

Last edited:
Look out! There were four people in there a moment ago (perhaps one was asleep though). The slideshow is quite enteratining as you say Poly.

Latest posts

Back