2 Nucs stolen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lincsbee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
1 or 3
Sometime Last night Wed 30th May I had two nucs stolen from a farm complex on Holbeach Fen. The boxes were brand new.

The only consolation is that they contained old queens, one white one blue and they both head ferocious colonies, which is why they were in nucs while their hives are being requeened.

I hope when they are opened they cut in half whoever took them

Sorry to hear this, Lincsbee.
Let's hope the thief gets an unpleasant surprise...

thats bad news,hope they get what they deserve off your nasty bees

Sorry to hear this, Lincsbee.

There are some really selfish people out there.

sorry to hear about your thefts - I'd be really peed off about losing 2 new nuc boxes too.

I am in the process of moving all my hives/nucs off this site, just stopped for a quick cup of tea.

Its a rubbish day here, drizzle, so shouldn't lose too many flying bees. But all the hives have newly mated queens that had just started to lay, bumping them around the lincolnshire countryside is not the best start they could have had.

Mike, unbelieveable....I will keep an eye out.
If you need a hand with anything let me know.
Simon.

Some people are just scum, no respect for other peoples belongings. I've had problems is the past, now i make sure my bees are well hidden away. I also paint the hives dark brown or dark green which i would like to think makes them less noticeable!

This apiary is at least 500M from a road or access, you would have to climb over a barbwired gate, walk through the farmyard, through a disused chicken barn and out onto open countryside.
It was my nursery where all my nucs for sale were kept and i have never taken any other beekeeper there.

i'm afraid careful isn't enough any more

This apiary is at least 500M from a road or access, you would have to climb over a barbwired gate, walk through the farmyard, through a disused chicken barn and out onto open countryside.
It was my nursery where all my nucs for sale were kept and i have never taken any other beekeeper there.

i'm afraid careful isn't enough any more
If there are full hives on site, presumably just the two nucs taken because they could be carried. There are those who take anything that might be worth a few quid. They might have been out for anything that could be sold on, metal for instance. Anything else gone missing locally?

The usual suggestion is to make sure everything is marked. It makes it harder to sell on and if it does turn up at least there is some proof it is yours. Not so easy if they are 'for sale' though.

Latest posts

Back