2 Hives Stolen from NBU at Stoneleigh Park

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
4 Hives!!
My better half goes to the The Warwick and Leamington Beekeepers on a Monday Evening and last week they were told that 2 hives have been stolen from the NBU at Stoneleigh park, One of the hives has a large V carved into parts of the Hive.

If anyone knows better info? or if this is incorrect?

I wouldn't expect Warwick Police to find them or even be interested in it.

Far too busy looking after their own, taking extended coffee breaks & intimidating the law abiding public! :ohthedrama:

Is Douglas N still managing the colonies at Stoneleigh?

Hi Mike are you talking about the NBU or The Warwick and Leamington Beekeepers association? as the NBU kicked the WLBA off the Stoneleigh site as they wanted to use it them selves.

i could ask my partner find out, as she said some of the NBU guys would come and talk to them when they were at Stoneleigh Apiary.

Pedants corner - I think at Stoneleigh it's the NBC - National Beekeeping Centre (BBKA) rather than the NBU - National Bee Unit (DEFRA/APHA) which is based near York.

Pedants corner - I think at Stoneleigh it's the NBC - National Beekeeping Centre (BBKA) rather than the NBU - National Bee Unit (DEFRA/APHA) which is based near York.

Hi Jimmy, think You could be right as its second hand info from my partner.
I know the WLBK have had to move their Apiary to a garden centre?

That would make sense, but :rolleyes:it's not on the BBKA website!

Latest posts

Back