• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2 Colonies in National Hives for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smunch

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
N/A
Hello,
This is my 2nd year of beekeeping and I have enjoyed every moment of it. I wish I could continue but due to a few reasons in particular regarding health and safety, I can no longer keep them and are now offering them for sale. Here are some details:-

Hive No.1
From an AS in May 2011. The colony has expanded really quickly and currently has 8 frames of brood and eggs in all stages. 2 supers have almost been filled with a third due to go on this weekend. The Queen is from a local strain (sorry I don’t know which) and is this years and has been clipped and marked. The bees are easy to work with and are in good health. No signs of swarming so far. They are hived in a 2 year old cedar National hive with solid floor. The hive is in very good condition as it has been treated with Cupinol Clear. Here’s a list of what will be included in the sale:-
• 1xCedar National Brood Box
• 1x National solid floor
• 1xCrown Board
• 1xRoof with galvinalised top
• Bees, this year’s Queen (marked & clipped), 11 Hoffman frames (at least 8 frames of Brood/eggs/larvae)

Hive No.2
Also from an AS in May 2011. The Queen was successfully mated and laid about 3 frames of eggs before developing an unknown problem. She was subsequently superseded in June with a really good replacement Queen. The colony is now doing very well and is increasing in numbers. They are also very easy to work with and are in good health. Brood in all stages covering about 8 frames. A super will be added this weekend. No signs of swarming. The hive is made of exterior plywood and is in as new condition. It has been treated with Cupinol Clear. Here’s a list of what will be included with this sale:-
• 1xNational Brood Box (in exterior plywood)
• 1x National mesh floor
• 1xCrown Board
• 1xRoof with stainless steel top
• Bees, this year’s Queen (marked & clipped), 11 Hoffman frames (about 8 frames of Brood/eggs/larvae)

Looking for offers over £150 each. Please PM if you’re interested or would like more information. I will make a donation to support the running of the forum from this sale. It has been a valuable source of information for me although I have not been brave enough to participate.

Bees are located in SE London (Welling)

thank you for the interest.

quick question - presumably you have already sold some colonies? just that one half of a 2011 AS should have an old queen in it!

quick question - presumably you have already sold some colonies? just that one half of a 2011 AS should have an old queen in it!

Not sold but donated to a good cause. The "old "colony was last years. The Queen is really good and is still doing very well.

Latest posts

Back