1st Swarm Call of the season

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
yesterday at 3:00pm, first cal on our swarm line for a swarm, dipatched a beekeeper, prime swarm, quite large on first floor window ledge 9th April 20c and Sunny

ahhh well, it has started

any one esle had a call out yet

yesterday at 3:00pm, first cal on our swarm line for a swarm, dipatched a beekeeper, prime swarm, quite large on first floor window ledge 9th April 20c and Sunny

ahhh well, it has started

any one esle had a call out yet

Not heard anything yet from this side - Very nice day today mind (18 and sunny), so there must have been a few about today. I have seen drones in my garden, so that prompted me to check hives again on wednesday :)

The joys of beekeeping in London! First few warm days and they go....

Ah, well. Beat you to it. See my post swarm today, on Easter day! It was a very, very weird one though, with a total of 4 ?casts over 2 days.

The joys of beekeeping in London! First few warm days and they go....

this one was not far from the M25 and was backing onto green belt, so not that much diffence to a Buckinghamshire town, so dont get to dismisive of London swarms, as it will soon be your turn es;ecially as the rape is showing yellow buds all the way tp Toddington services if not further===a taste of things to come

Point taken! Although not much drone brood seen yet and the pigeons have hit my local rape and set it back a bit

Just inspected a local hive belonging to someone else......charged queen cells but no drones. Think it was triggered by lack of space, added super. Hope they change their minds or at at least swarm in my direction!
E

Latest posts

Back