1st Sting

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrB

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
it was that unaventfull (phew!) i forgot to mention it!
yep, took a hit on the finger during my last inspection,( through nitrile gloves) felt it happen then after a min or two forgot about it.
i only remembered this morning when i woke up with my finger itching like mad!
very little swelling and no pain to speak of. so, glad to get the first one out of the way!

Congratulations, and welcome to the Pin Cushion Club.
:)

The next one is the potentially dangerous one!

There was a guy over here killed by a sting from a hornet last year. He had been stung the year before as well and I was told that makes the second sting more potentially dangerous.

SixFooter said "The next one is the potentially dangerous one!".

That is exactly what he meant. The next is always potentially dangerous, if the last was not. Not just the second time one gets stung. A bit like saying 'tomorrow'; tomorrow is always a day ahead.

RAB

I have yet to enter the pincushion club... I'm beginning to get a bit apprehensive about it!

I'm the grand old age of 24, and have never been stung, in my life thus far (probably had a lot to do with being TERRIFIED of bees/wasps when I was little!)

In the last couple of weeks, I've had 2 bees sting my leather gloves... neither made contact, and I had one stuck under my waist-band in my jeans last weekend, which stung me... but that didn't really go in either! I saw the sting, and knocked it off... but I don't think it broke the skin.

I'm beginning to think I have some kind of kevlar-type property to my skin or something?!!?

I joined the pin cushion club yesterday right on my finger, got careless catching my nuc swarm!!! Didn't hurt as much as I thought.

Inner thigh is not too clever either! I had two for one last week, God knows how they got there, it must have been in a crease from my trousers. It didnt hurt but boy has it blown up now and flippin' 'eck it do itch still. I have taken Piriton but not seriously, it hasnt bothered me as much as the bite I got from the river the other day on my calf, it looks like I'm growing another leg!

Top of the inner thigh. Sting went through beesuit as well as shorts underneath, can only assume there was creasing in the material and the bee got pinched. Didn't hurt much (only about an inch from something much more painful though!) but it's now insanely itchy. I work in a food factory and we have to wear coats etc at all times, the heat is making the itching worse and I've been getting some VERY funny looks the last two days!

Can confirm- forehead, temple - OUCH- got some in my jacket - 3 clobbered me - fat face, very sore head. Always seal those gaps!

I did yet another hive inspection yesterday on a scary-grumpy crowd of bees, and congratulated myself on not getting stung. Only to sit down in the living room, put my foot down on a dead bee that had somehow wandered inside - and get stung.

You just can't win!

I did yet another hive inspection yesterday on a scary-grumpy crowd of bees, and congratulated myself on not getting stung. Only to sit down in the living room, put my foot down on a dead bee that had somehow wandered inside - and get stung.

You just can't win!
lol
Sorry, but that is comical if just for how insanely unfortunate!
Glad I'm not the only one who can get stung even after having left the apiary!:coolgleamA:

Latest posts

Back