1st sting

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slider955i

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
my wife had her 1st sting yesterday off our bees :reddevil:

my scotty got the bees annoyed by messing around by the hive and a couple had a go at him, my wife in her wisdom tried to brush them off so they stung her :Angel_anim:

i never felt a thing :reddevil:

my wife had her 1st sting yesterday off our bees :reddevil:

my scotty got the bees annoyed by messing around by the hive and a couple had a go at him, my wife in her wisdom tried to brush them off so they stung her :Angel_anim:

i never felt a thing :reddevil:
I think scotty may be black I had 2 golden and 3 black cocker spaniels the gold ones never got stung the other 3 stayed in the house more than the other two bee-smilliebee-smillie
Grub

My dog is a big woolly snow white samoyed ;)
I walk her and when we go by my out apiary she lies down in the undergrowth about twenty metres from the entrance until I've had a quick look to see what's going on !
She hasn't been stung or even buzzed to my knowledge but
SHE AINT THICK :rofl:.

John Wilkinson

my two lurchers got stung on the first day I had nuc, they put their noses right up to the entrance!!! silly sods, They havent ever done it again though!!

I had a friend visit with his HUGE furry Akita dog, who rubbed himself along the hive and stuck his friendly curious nose practically into the hive, without getting stung. That was last summer tho, when the girls were nice. This summer? Dunno if he'd have survived!

Rather like the sound of brave wife, our great big dobi X thought the bees were his friends, I would call him away but wouldn't have the courage to brush the bees off, fortunately even if they burrowed his fur they didn't sting, ground nesting wasps though completely different.

I just got my bees a few weeks ago and since then a neighbour's cat (a bengal) finds them fascinating and lies right in front of the hive watching them. I shoo him away when I see him but he's riveted! He's obviously not been stung yet but surely it's only a matter of time...

I just got my bees a few weeks ago and since then a neighbour's cat (a bengal) finds them fascinating and lies right in front of the hive watching them. I shoo him away when I see him but he's riveted! He's obviously not been stung yet but surely it's only a matter of time...

There's something about cats that bees don't seem to mind - maybe its an evolutionary thing - cats keep the mouse population down which helps hives or something? Or maybe its just because they're calmer and quieter than dogs.

Either way there's a cat that loves sleeping on the metal roofs in our apiary, no matter how busy the hive is!

Now to convince them that I'm a cat...

Latest posts

Back