14x12 extractors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miles999

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Hi all, I hope everyone is staying safe during these stressful times.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I was unable to find the answers I needed.

I'm looking for links for buying or making a 14x12 honey extractor

I used to use BS National hives with the standard brood and super setup.
After a spinal injury I was unable to lift full brood chambers and supers so I moved over to 6 frame Poly Nuc Hives, using 14x12 Jumbo Frames.

I decided to do this as the bees have more room to fill the frames as they see fit and when they run out of space I simply add another Nuc extension with a 14x12 Eke.
Plus I can manage each colony much easier with this setup.

My issue is, each extractor I find for sale says that they won't take 14x12 frames.

So I'm either looking for links to extractors that I can buy if I can afford to, or I might go down the route of building my own using a drill or electric motor to power the extractor.

Any help or advice anyone can offer would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks

It rather depends on how many hives you are running....or whether you mind being over-equipped for what you have. With extractors for fewer frames, you are generally limited by the diameter (so physically not enough room for deep frames, and most of these will only take shallow frames. Also, with a smaller diameter extractor, there isn't enough centrifugal force towards the centre to pull the honey out.

If however, you are happy to go to a 30 frame extractor (https://www.abelo.co.uk/shop/extractors/electric-30-frame-radial-extractor/) then this will take everything you can throw at it. I have a Lyson 30 frame, and it will take BS shallow, brood and 14x12, Langstroth shallow, brood and Dadant brood.

Fritz 20 frame radial with tange screens, will take 14x12 (I know by mistake).
Fritz are about the best build quality, backup is outstanding.

Fritz 20 frame radial with tange screens, will take 14x12 (I know by mistake).
Fritz are about the best build quality, backup is outstanding.

I have a 9 frame (could be 12 frame - I'd have to go out and have a look at it!) Fritz radial with tangential screens which will take 14x12 and, yes, the build quality is excellent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back