• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

14 x 12 Nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haughton Honey

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Lots of Commercial hives.......
I'd be interested to hear from anyone that plans on selling nucs on 14 x 12 frames early next season.

I'm based in south Cheshire but can travel a reasonable distance.

Please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks

WPC

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that plans on selling nucs on 14 x 12 frames early next season.

I'm based in south Cheshire but can travel a reasonable distance.

Please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks

WPC
hi there....i am running a number of dartington hives on 14x 12 frames...the dartington was the forerunner of the beehaus.....my orignal stock was from robin dartington himself and i have added cecropia bee strains to them by importing queens (see brother adam or beeartisan.com). dureing the year i have split our 8 nucs useing the dartington superseed technique and imported some queens again....if i dont need all these nucs i am happy to move them on.....i have them in my own 6frame dartington boxes..

regards

White Park Cattle what do you call a reasonable distance. I am in Rutland and running 25 hives and half are 14x12.will be making up nucs in 2010. Cheers Stubee

Hi Big and Stubee,

out of interest, what prices would your nucs be going for?

I am looking at my options for next year and budgeting for setting up a couple of hives on 14 x 12's.

Thebhoy

gday thebhoy.

have not considered at all what price they should go for ...........beware my strains are strong and may well overfill a nat 14 x 12 on 1 or 1.5 brood boxes you will need to double the brrod box.

b

Big

I'd be interested in a nuc in the spring.
I'd had a new Dartington hive that I am going to put together over the winter.

..........if my single hive which is small, as it swarmed in first week of september, survives the winter and my may/june holiday, i would like to obtain a summer 14x12 nuc.

hi chris.

yes get in touch later next year and we will see what we can do. i have a cople of nucs over wintering which are F1 hybrid cecropia/buckfast (and others) strain these will produce large colonies suitable for the dartington hives. we have a local joiner who makes our local dartingtons group hives !!

Latest posts

Back