10,000 Posts !!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I would like to thank each and every one of you for helping Beekeepingforum.co.uk reach the massive milestone of gaining it’s first10,000 posts.

This is a huge achievement for the site, and I would like to congratulate everyone in their efforts in posting and reading what others have to say.

We now have a forum which we can all be very proud of !

The site has slowly evolved into a buzzing community full of beekeeping experts/beginners and those of use in between.

I am amazed that we have got to this point without any mods or any members ever being banned, it just goes to show that if you respect other posters then they will respect you.

As I said when I started the forum I might steer the content in a certain direction but its only a reflection of what it is that you’ve said you wanted.
If something doesn’t work…I change it,
It is and always will be the members forum to be run as you the members see fit.

We can all be proud of our achievement and I urge you to continue your loyal membership on the Beekeeping Forum and help us reach the next milestone. It has been a fun time running the forum and long may it continue!

Thank you for your loyal membership.

Admin.

Yes, thanks Dude.
This forum has been a welcome release from all the politics and stuffiness found elsewhere on the web and within associations.

It has helped feed my interest and is a valuable and positive guide to new beekeepers like me.

:cheers2:

I think it's a brilliant site, I have learned lots, well done Admin.

Sorry to be disagreeable, but I can't really see the point any more.

The bbka forum police made some daft decisions a while ago but I suspect they have learnt from that and would be far less likely to be so officious again.

That forum has settled back into a normal exchange of ideas, advice, information, etc - just like this one. Indeed quite a fiew posts are now appearing on both - straight duplications.

I like to keep up with what people are saying and I appreciate the sharing of information, but frankly it's a nuisance to have to visit two sites when just one would be more convenient.

Ray

Blimey thats a bit harsh Ray, but each to their own eh?
I must admit, as someone returning to the hobby after a couple of years out I've found this forum to be helpful, informal, and above all FRIENDLY :cheers2: No over inflated egos, or moderating just to make a point. Seems like the BBKA could take a few lessons from members on here...well done everyone, I'm sure the next 10,000 will come a lot quicker!

Sorry to be disagreeable, but I can't really see the point any more.

The bbka forum police made some daft decisions a while ago but I suspect they have learnt from that and would be far less likely to be so officious again.

That forum has settled back into a normal exchange of ideas, advice, information, etc - just like this one. Indeed quite a fiew posts are now appearing on both - straight duplications.

I like to keep up with what people are saying and I appreciate the sharing of information, but frankly it's a nuisance to have to visit two sites when just one would be more convenient.

Ray

I think you need to make a decision Ray regards the type of answer you are after.

If you want the square root of a Pickled onion then ask on the BBKA forum,but if you just need to know how to get the lid off the jar then ask here.

Regards only having one forum I would be more than happy if you could mention it to the BBKA telling them to shut down.

p.s have the BBKA handed the money back to all those nasty chemical companies yet ?

I think you need to make a decision Ray regards the type of answer you are after. If you want the square root of a Pickled onion then ask on the BBKA forum,but if you just need to know how to get the lid off the jar then ask here.
If that sort of difference existed there would perhaps be more point to having both forums, but in fact they both can and do deal with the full range of questions from very basic to advanced technical.

And they both do it well. There is quite a lot of overlap, but also quite a lot of different stuff on both. Bit like having two good libraries in the same town with slightly different book stocks in each - it would be handier to have all the books in the one building.

Ray

I've never been to the other forum as there seems to be plenty of activity here...

However I do visit a selection of other forums for gardening and so on. Each forum gathers its own core members and develops its own atmosphere and team spirit & a bit like having more than one group of friends, I find it refreshing to move between them.

Also occasionally one forum can "go stale" for a bit (there are various reasons in group dynamics why this might happen - including just getting too big) and at those times it's nice to visit elsewhere until things settle down again.

As a newbee here I have no need of more than one bee forum-----YET!

Certainly here seems friendly and helpful. :)

Admin
Well done to YOU for kicking this forum off for us. Just wanted you to know, we appreciate your time and efforts in continuing to allow us all to belong to a friendly bee community, where, we can all enjoy the freedom of speech without being banned and mocked.

Thankyou!!

This is a great forum Admin, well done! I have found the advise of others helpful and useful and being a beginner have learned a lot about practical beekeeping.

Keep up the good work everyone :cheers2:

Well done for the hard work and effort you put in Admin.
Well done to all who post.:cheers2:

Thanks admin

I think this site is great,

I haven't posted a lot yet I'm trying to keep up with reading all the information

Best wishes

John

Thats cool Tazbee,I often see you online,you will soon get upto speed and as mad as the rest of us.:cheers2:

thumps up for a great forum well done Admin,

i think we need a :party:round yours to celebrate properly

TC

Latest posts

Back