poly hive sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when do they usually reduce prices....maisemores etc usually have a sale....anyone know?

Masies have a polly sale on 3rd February this year.. Bee Equipment and National Bee Supplies are like Carpet Right.. and most of the sofa sellers have a permanent sale!
Someone.. probably No. 2 daughter seems to have signed me up to all the bee kit suppliers!

Abelo had a 10% discount for collection from one of the spring events (beetradex, spring convention, Welsh spring convention etc) in 2019 IIRC.

Problem with some of the 'permanent sale' places -Bee Equipment in particular- is that it's eBay stuff with a significant mark up.
It's mostly useable but of lesser quality.
If you can wait a few weeks it's much cheaper to get small multiple quantities or single even items at a fraction of the price from the oriental eBay sellers at any time of the year.
Probably not foundation and definitely not honey though.....
Plus you will have to become a vegan hippy to offset the carbon footprint you create.
Which will exclude you from exploiting bees of course.

For a seasonal business, cash-flow will be helped by winter sales and it will also reduce the peaks and troughs in manpower a little as well. Sometimes suppliers are so mad busy that they can't ship for a few days or run out of equipment - and swarms won't wait for any man! (or woman - or a they).

Might be a bit far for some to travel but just seen Abelo are having an open day on Sat 29th Feb....a once in every 4 year sale :D
15% off everything.
According to their web site you can order stuff in advance and collect on the day.
No bloody good to me as I'm working that Saturday!

Might be a bit far for some to travel but just seen Abelo are having an open day on Sat 29th Feb....a once in every 4 year sale :D
15% off everything.
According to their web site you can order stuff in advance and collect on the day.
No bloody good to me as I'm working that Saturday!

I is sure good owld M..can collect for yee and that is not Millet by the way..:D

or eventually you can find something here

https://www.beetradex.co.uk/

last year was plenty polyurethane hives in there

Dear lord you have to give money away even before you buy something..no thanks i would rather pay twice the price elsewhere..that beetradex must be making a killing..the stall holders are charged and the public are also charged..no good for my head that greed..

Dear lord you have to give money away even before you buy something..no thanks i would rather pay twice the price elsewhere..that beetradex must be making a killing..the stall holders are charged and the public are also charged..no good for my head that greed..

It’s a real “kiddie in a sweet shop” experience though :)

The difference being that "kiddies" don't have access to credit cards :)

I remember seeing the crazed look on one guys face as he hauled away a trolly full of kit including a load of crown boards....... I mean even at a discount they were expensive compared to an 8x4 sheet of ply.

PH

Thornes sales are very civilised affairs these days with all the pre orders but god they used to be funny!!!! They used to put a rope up around pallets, drop the rope with a ringing bell and off you went!!!

Latest posts

Back